Thursday, August 22, 2013

Smores and Dead Critters

It turns out that smores were a great idea!  We cooked them over the stove (I have a gas stove) and enjoyed maybe a few too many.  We're supposed to be going to the gym and so far were failing miserably.  We explored my back yard after. 



There's an old fallen tree house in the corner of my yard that Shay used only ONCE as a child.  Its pretty cool actually, very well built but prone to bug infestations.  Shay says it used to be an actual tree house but I cant understand where it fell from and its still in pretty decent shape despite the door not being able to shut anymore and the floor being a little slanted.  am and I have decided to make it our lair.


We also discovered a hug dead spider in my shed and buried behind some miscellaneous junk is an old fire pit which would have come in handy to make the smores!  Shay has decided we should drag it out.  Apparently hed been wondering where it went because he wanted it for over the summer when everyone was in town for parties and stuff.


My house just got a little cooler...  And slightly spookier at the same time...  All these dead bugs everywhere!! 

After mine and Sam's adventure into the yard, Evan and I decided to take a trip to the levee to look for some cool drift wood.  About a year ago, I found an entire cut section of a log and decided to take it home to use as a coffee table in my friend's room.  Our room mate took it.  I keep telling him Im going to take it back one day but he would probably be mad at me if a day ever came that I actually did.  He thinks its his now.  Anyway, we didnt really find anything useful but we DID find another dead critter...  A fish.

 

Then, on a whim, I made the drive out to my roots in Rising Sun Indiana.  Both of my parents grew up there for the most part and there's this play ground by the river I remember my dad taking me to when I was a kid.  It was also the first place I drove to when my uncle first took me out driving.  We didn't find any dead creatures.  It was getting late, though, so we didn't stay long.  However, we did manage to find ourselves going the wrong way down a one way street.  There was no sign saying it was one way that we could see anyway, but we realized as soon as we crossed the intersection that it was because all the parking spots on the side of the road were slanted in the other direction on both sides.  Poor Evan was driving, hes still not completely comfortable with being behind the wheel so he just kind of pulled over to the side immediately to figure out what to do.  It took about two seconds for a cop to show up and flip her lights on.  The first thing she said to us was "You guys aren't from around here, are you?"  she seemed kind of grumpy, but shed probably had a long day and she let us off with a warning anyhow.  I've never been pulled over yet, but I've been in a car that was pulled over a couple times.


It was a pretty nice day in any case.  I've been in desperate needed to get out of the house and just drive somewhere for quite some time now.  I'm not like Evan, I cant be content with just sitting in the house for days and days only leaving to go to work.  I have to get out and do something every now and then or I got absolutely insane.  I was also glad Evan went with me too.  We don't get out much together.  Hes a hermit in a lot of ways so getting him to go somewhere with me can, at times, be a daunting task.  Its not entirely his fault, that's just the way he became when all of his friends stopped talking to him after high school or moved away.  He learned how to be content being holed up in his room for days.  Im hoping to break him of that at some point.




No comments:

Post a Comment